A common mistake that men tend to make when wearing a new beard style is that they forget to consider the shape of their face. They think about several factors - which trimmer to use, what beard growth oil to use, how regularly they should visit their barber, etc. But to be honest, the first thing to consider is what beard style will suit their face.
There are several beard styles available to try out. Some are obviously the good old classics, while some are experimental. Let us take a look at some of the most common face shapes in men.
- A round face means a less prominent jawline. It also completes the look with an excellent full shape. The best idea would be to choose something that involves a nice moustache.
- A rectangular face has a more prominent jawline and lifts the cheekbones.
- An oblong face makes for clear cheekbones and suits perfectly with minimum facial hair that can be styled in different ways.
- A diamond face suggests a lot of chances experiment with the beard styles. It is because there is an angular edge.
Besides these face shapes, many suggest that onion juice for beard growth can benefit all men who face facial hair issues. After all, it is a good idea to have some home remedies at hand.
For now, we have shared some of the best styles of beard that a man can opt for. It is easy once they have figured out what would suit them well.
Pick and Choose Easy
For anyone with a round face, the key is to give a lift to the cheekbones. For such people, it becomes easier to choose a beard style. Focussing on a moustache instead of just the beard is the best idea for men with round faces. It is a good idea to use some onion juice for beard growth in the beginning. This helps to make the beard dense and thick. When it is time to choose the style, the most suitable ones available are:
- A short-boxed beard - A simple style with thin, trimmed sides which can be paired with a moustache. This can be the first choice for a formal look and can be maintained with minimum trimming from time to time
- Van Dyke - A full goatee with a detached moustache can never go wrong for someone with a rounded, full face. It suits very well with the ones who need to keep it simple and have little time to maintain their beard style
- Balbo beard - A beard with trimmed sideburns and a thick moustache. It is excellent for highlighting the cheekbones.
- Anchor beard - A pointed beard that keeps the jawline intact and can be paired with a moustache.
The Rectangular Style
Men with rectangular faces have the added advantage of having an angular look. It gives them a highlight for the jawlines. The main styles to choose from would be:
- Mutton chop beard - Long sideburns on either side that connect to a moustache. It is the best idea to highlight the jawline
- Gunslinger - Flared sideburns with the horseshoe moustache. It leaves area for the cheekbones.
- Chin strip - If you want to flaunt the cheekbones and the jawline clearly, the best idea is to keep a short chinstrap. It leaves an area for the whole face.
- Chinstrap - A simple line of beard on the entire jawline, leaving all the features highlighted.
No matter how much onion juice for beard growth is applied, it is not worth it if the beard style is not maintained. People with rectangular faces need to keep their beards trimmed from time to time.
The Oval Squad
Something similar to the round faces, the oval face highlights the chin area more. Usage of beard growth oil is recommended as it has dense growth. The best beard styles for men with an oval/oblong shape would be:
- Chevron - Clear up the face to leave space for a nice, dense moustache covering the upper lip.
- Stubble - A good old stubble never fails the round face. Use the trimmer to have a clean stubble that requires very little effort.
- Horseshoe moustache - Coming around the nose and long beard bars on either side of the lips. It can be maintained with gentle trimming from time to time.
- Clean stache - Go clean for this one. Keep the moustache to highlight your lips and face.
The Diamond Team
Those who have a rectangular shape and the ones with diamond shape have one thing in common - an accentuated jawline. The men with diamond shape chin have high cheekbones that give them the chance to experiment with more full beards. The best options for them to pick are:
- Goatee - The classic goatee can never go wrong with a round or angular face.
- Circle beard - Highlighting the chin, this beard keeps the chin area covered. For this style, using some amount of beard growth oil is suggested as it keeps the hair dense.
- Trimmed goatee - Just another version of the goatee, this style can be done on a small portion of the chin and leaves for the jawline to be highlighted
- Royale - A moustache connected by a chin stip; requires generous trimming but give for a good cheekbone look.
Simple and Fancy
The styles mentioned here are some of the simple styles available with various face shapes. But when it comes to fashion and personal choices, there's no limit. It is said that beard growth oil does not work on many people as it can cause skin problems. However, if you are serious about taking up a beard style, it is recommended to use some kind of a product to complete the look.
If you are uncomfortable with using synthetic or chemical products, there are always other options to choose from. The use of onion juice for hair growth is one of the most popular methods of maintaining facial hair. So, take your pick - make it simple or start a trend. Enjoy the experiments with new beard styles!